For families with complexity, your needs are varied. At Stephan Independent Advisory we understand that your investment strategy requires a holistic approach, one that reflects the uniqueness of your family’s specific requirements.
Liabilities-driven investing is a framework that assists in devising an asset allocation for your capital that’s based on your family’s unique needs and the timeframes for meeting each specific financial goal.
We have created proprietary software based upon our unique portfolio construction methods that enables us to create a bespoke plan for your investment goals. This software, coupled with our acumen and experience, allows us to devise a tailored portfolio that takes the following considerations into account.
How liabilities-driven investing works
- We work with you to define your priorities and financial objectives, mapping them out based on their individual timeframes.
- We organise these into categories of essential, important, and aspirational objectives.
- This allows us to determine the priority, appropriate risk level, and liquidity requirements for each goal.
- We calculate the amount of capital you need to fund each specific priority, and ensure you have the available resources to meet these goals.
- We then calculate the funds that need to be invested today in order to reach this future goal.
Asset class selection
- The timeframe of each goal determines the asset class we select for your investments.
- We match each objective with return factors, chosen for their capacity to either protect and/or fund each specific objective whilst ensuring they provide the liquidity necessary to access capital where an objective timeframe is short term in nature.
Portfolio feasibility assessment
- We then review your investment strategy to ensure its suitability against your appetite for risk within your long-term plan.
- Back-testing your portfolio against historic situations, and even crises, allows us to test it against theoretical crises and stressful market conditions .
- Our aim is to confirm that we have created a robust portfolio that meets your objectives, while still navigating volatility.
This is more than just investment advice
A liabilities-driven investment framework creates a bespoke asset allocation that’s tailored to suit the unique needs of your family, and is an effective way to mitigate the uncertainty you may feel in achieving your future financial goals.
This approach means that you have the right amount of capital in the right assets, enabling you to achieve your objectives without any compromise.
Liabilities-driven investing creates a roadmap for your future. We ensure you take the right roads to get there on time, and safely.